>>From the DOS2 Program Interface Specification: (section 2.5)
>"Any disk transfers will be done to the RAM segments which are paged in
>when the function call is made, even if they are not the original TPA
>segments."
>
>So, if Memman tells DOS2 which segments are selected (I assume it does),
>this is not the problem.
>
>However, there is a restriction on the slot the RAM must be in:
>"environment strings and disk transfer areas must be in the mapper RAM
slot."

Hey !!

That's it !!
Coz if i try it out with only my primary mapper (slot 3-0) Turbo-R then
there is
no problem at all...

Is there a workaround for this problem ?

>I think "the mapper RAM slot" means the main mapper (primairy mapper slot).
>On turbo R, this is the internal mapper, on other MSXes this is the largest
>mapper. It's always the mapper that is used for the TPA.

Another question remains: how can i arrange that compass (development env)
does
not use the primary mapper so that that one is free for my program.. because
i need
segments for that mapper and not from the 1Mb mapper that resides in slot
1..

hmm

anyway thanks for the response,

    Antal