The Elektuur version is not made to the MSX standard.
By the way, more MSX developments that were published by Elektuur
suffered from serious problems. There is a signal on the MSX cartridge
connector that is called BUSDIR. On some computers this is not a problem.
This signal controls the databus buffers. If it is not driven while doing a
read
access to the hardware it might put data on the cartridge connector, but it
will never reach the Z80.

> I have nearly all Elektuurs since the beginning of the seventies and it is
> already raining..

Interesting, I wish I had these years ago... although time is moving on and
many new possibilities are appearing for hardware development...

> Still i do remember having seen a slot expander somewhere in one of the
> wellknown magazines like MCM.

That is true.
But since it was published by MCCM, they might have some copyrights on
this. If the copyright is not theirs (they did not make these schematics) it
could
be property of the following clubs/persons:
* MK, as they were the first (?) to really produce this design and make
improvements
* I do not remember the name of MK's designer anymore, but it could be his
as well.
* Gouda continued with the same expander, so maybe they own it now

But apart from this, I have heard some rumours that it was not even
developed by
MK...

Hmmm... this discusion does not help very much...
I think what has to be done is making/buying a slotexpander.

Sunrise has a slotexpander, but it is not in stock anymore. But they could
make some.
You could also try MSX Power Replay, but it seems they do not produce normal
MSX expanders anymore. (Looks like they only produce it for the Z380
project,
and the text suggests that you cannot use this expander on 8-bit computers?)

So, it might be the easiest to get it second hand, and that is not easy at
all!

> The library in Tilburg keeps Elektuurs only 10 years... The Elektuur MSX
> project book is also not available anymore. Maybe it's time (if not too
> late) to start collecting all hardware articles and schematics from
various
> sources on a central web site, before they're gone forever.

It would be a good idea to put all this information on a CD and sell these
for
about NLG 5,- (or 10,-) just to spread the information as complete and wide
as possible....

> BTW the chances are good that it's raining this weekend :-)

Did it rain?
Oh yes, sure it did!!!