On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, Erik Maas wrote:

> > Still i do remember having seen a slot expander somewhere in one of the
> > wellknown magazines like MCM.
>
> That is true.
> But since it was published by MCCM, they might have some copyrights on
> this. If the copyright is not theirs (they did not make these schematics) it
> could
> be property of the following clubs/persons:
> * MK, as they were the first (?) to really produce this design and make
> improvements
> * I do not remember the name of MK's designer anymore, but it could be his
> as well.
> * Gouda continued with the same expander, so maybe they own it now

If the copyrights are held by MCCM, they might be persuaded to re-publish
it in MCCW.

If the copyrights are held by someone else, they could consider to
re-publish or make it public domain. Neither MK nor Gouda sells MSX
hardware anymore (do they still exist?), so they won't lose money on making
their schematics public.

> > The library in Tilburg keeps Elektuurs only 10 years... The Elektuur MSX
> > project book is also not available anymore. Maybe it's time (if not too
> > late) to start collecting all hardware articles and schematics from
> various
> > sources on a central web site, before they're gone forever.
>
> It would be a good idea to put all this information on a CD and sell these
> for
> about NLG 5,- (or 10,-) just to spread the information as complete and wide
> as possible....

I prefer a central web site:
- you can access it any time, from any place
- it's free
- I will probably only use one or two designs
- if you really want a CD with all designs, maybe the site maintainer can
make one (like the funet CD and MEP CD)

Bye,
                Maarten