"Rieks W. Torringa" wrote:
(...)
> Turbo R RPG, I'm really willing to buy it. There are so many nice things
> that can be achieved using a TuR! But apparently there's nobody who cas the
> courage (or something like that) to run the risk of not selling 25 but
> selling 20 instead...

Since I'm willing to produce an RPG based on
some concepts I have here, I'd like to share
my opinion. Personally, I'd prefer to aim my
game to the largest possible audience. This
means I could trade things as MSX2+ support,
MegaRAM support and TurboR support for a larger
audience. I'd only use a specific feature if
I really couldn't live without it. If I can
live without smooth scrolling, fine! If I can
live without GFX9000, even better. :)

If I could, I'd like to target a machine like
this: MSX2 with 256MB RAM (either MegaRAM or
memory mapper), 720Kb disks (any interface),
OPLL and PSG. Anything else would be "bonus".

> Sorry for my pessimism, but trust me when I say I judge from our own team's
> experience...

I'd like to have a TurboR too. :) Don't worry,
I realize you don't want to talk about TurboR,
just about game design.

There's A LOT of great things that could be
achieved with TurboR / ADVRAM, but this would
only narrow the target audience even more... <:)

[]s,

   -----    Parn (ICQ#1693182)
 /| | | |\
 \| ___ |/  http://parn.cjb.net/