Daniel Zorita wrote:

>  The news about MSX, is very interesting, and we are happy.

> But some things are still not clear, and could be done better.

Unfortunately, things are what they are, not what we want it to be...

>  I pretended to WARN people, to not forget the MSX story during these
past

> 15 years. Don't make the same mistakes again.

exactly what mistakes are you talking about?

> > Yes! ASCII is a company!!!!!! You didnīt know it?

> Yes, so, let's start to deal them as a company. Ask them to

> put a lot of  money for developing. Can you imagine "Intel"

> makes a emulator of PENTIUM-4 before building it ?

I agree that it's a weird decision. Because, if I can buy (some people will
prefer to pirate it)a 100% complete and functional emulator, why would I
need a new machine?

I believe ASCII doesn't want to do a new MSX, they just want to sell an
emulator and softs.

> We hope a real new MSX, not only a emulator. Everybody (if is an expert )

> can make an emulator. But who can make a new computer ?

Ademir Carchano, Leonard Padial and others. The problem is getting them to
work together.

> > But have not Ag0ny and Japanese users talked with ASCII?

> Fortunately YES. And thanks to them, we have a few information.

> But I don't know if they can discuss technical features to ASCII.

> > > They are TOO GOOD for us. We are so poor, than we only

> > > must give them our ears, and our money.

> > > They are TOO CLEVER for us  ( ... or may be anybody from

> > > us is TOO CLEVER for them, to say how things must be

> > > done ... ) ???????

And what do you expect them to do? Call all MSX groups and hear what they
want? You know that even if they wanted to do it, it wouldn't work. why?
Because in all those years, we weren't able to talk and agree about we want
in a new MSX, we couldn't put aside our vanity and hear what other MSX users
wanted, we simply

took our divine right to decide what would be best for a new MSX. And now we
have MMSX from Padial, ACE002 from Ademir, MSX3 from ASCII... All diferent
computers. And the only one who has the rights to make a new MSX is ASCII.

> I wish a new MSX is so good computer as Sega's Dreamcast is so good
console.

Me too.

> > Amateur groups maybe could be professional groups (SW and HW > >
developers). Havenīt you thought this?

> Yes, but big software companies will try to get the market,

> and keep amateur groups away.

There will be always place for amateur groups.

> And I will make it again in the 2000, 2010, 2020 ... "Why

> don't make a 32 bit MSX ?? "

But what 32 bits MSX do you want? Yours? Or a new 32 bits MSX that will make
all msx users happy and not only those who live in Spain? I don't want to
start a war here, I'm just saying that I do not remember we talking about
how should be a new 32 bits MSX. All we talked about was z180 x z380 in the
new MSX. I don't think ASCII is doing anything diferent than what we did
when we decided to do our own MSX without hearing other people.

> OK !, let's make a Carnival about MSX !! Surely brazilian

> people is the most proper for that !!

Not all brazilian people like carnival.

[]'s

Mauricio Braga.

"Computadores fazem arte.... Artistas fazem dinheiro... " Chico Science.

Oi! Vocę quer um iG-mail gratuito?
Então clique aqui: http://registro.ig.com.br/

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/