Hello to all

> > Well, it's better to say that this is the ONLY OFFICIAL news in 10
years.
> > But you don't must to forget the huge efforts of amateur groups during
this
> > time.
> Of course. Who has forgotten the amateur groups?
> I think that if ASCII havenīt seen the work of amateur groups they never
would
> thought in the possibility of release a new MSX.
Yes, the first reports speak of Nishi being shocked

> > It is nice, but you CANNOT CONSIDER THEM AS HEROES !! They are only
> > bussiness men.
> Yes! ASCII is a company!!!!!! You didnīt know it?
Ivan... Everybody knows it, but what I guess that Zorita means is that they
will do the best for them, which is not to be necessarily (very seldom in
fact) the best for the user, and everybody also knows it but very few
remember.

> > So, what should we do ?? To buy 100 emulators each one to support a new
MSX
> > manufacturing ? To feel guilty if finally none new MSX appears ?
> No. One emulator for me is enough... If new MSX finally doesnīt appear we
all
> will be very happy with this new emulator...
I agree. Even if the only thing we get from all this mess is a perfect
emulator, we all can be happy.

> > is it to easy to forget what has been happening about MSX this 10 years
??
> > So easy to forget MSX meetings, Msound, GFX9000, Mscsi and IDE, RAM
> I have no memory problems. And itīs said that new MSX will be backward
> compatible.
It's not only you the one to have memory, but the ones behind the new MSX.

> > expansions, amateur NICE games, NICE magazines ??
> > So easy to forget what happened with Europe & South America about MSX
2+ and
> > Turbo- R ?
> Thatīs past.
And because this, it must be studied carefully.
MSX2+? A disaster.
Turbo R? A disaster.
Japanese MSX Audio? Guess what...
I hope the ASCII brains take seriously the last MSX steps, and more
seriously the steps to make.

> > News from Japan is nice, but DON'T forget what really happened to MSX
> > from 1980's. Where has ASCII been this time ? Where Konami was ?
> Thatīs history.
Dude, you are telling on all the message you've not forgotten, but I think
you are really willing to forget... ;-)

> > They are TOO GOOD for us. We are so poor, than we only must give them
our
> > ears, and our money.
> ????????
>
> > They are TOO CLEVER for us  ( ... or may be anybody from us is TOO
CLEVER
> > for them, to say how things must be done ... )
> ????????
In Zoritistani: Will they take seriously any advice from us?

> > What will happen to MSX amateur groups ? Should we STOP our activities
?
> Amateur groups maybe could be professional groups (SW and HW developers).
> Havenīt you thought this?
In Japan this is more possible than in Europe.
In Europe you can count with the fingers of your two hands (being generous)
the groups that could be ready to be 'professionalized' (and willing to
be!). And you'll be able to count the real ones with a single hand. And
even less the ones that effectively will endure two years.

> > Are we stupid now ? Should we stop making MSX meetings ?
> Yes. We all will stop making MSX meetings ...
Dude, I guess what Zorita means is that one wicked effect of the realease
of a new MSX, supposing it's successful (aside of the quality of the
machine) and the return (???) of companies such as Compile, MicroCabin and
so on is that Europeans cannot compete.
People then will prefer better games and will get little interest on soft
of less quality.
And about meetings, MSX meetings nourish from MSX groups, mainly of MSX
groups DOING THINGS, and RELEASING THINGS. What interest will have to be in
a meeting with three/four distributors?

> > Why don't think that maybe a poor PSX-1 is still more powerful than a
MSX-4.
> > Even a Gameboy VDP is more powerful !
> I donīt think so.
In some aspects, believe it.

> > In your opinion, what shoud we do ??
> > Going out to the street, get nacked, and dance until the new MSX
appears ??
> Yes!!! I like dancing!!!!
Really? Then, with all this MSX-3-mess, be careful to not be 'danced', in
the style of 'Paquito el Chocolatero'
(Sorry for non-Spanish, but for getting the idea of this -real- dance I'd
have to attach an MPG video, and that's not the point).

> > "secrets", and about the idea that ALL WE HAVE DONE THESE YEARS CAN BE
> > FORGOT IN ONLY A DAY. And that the new MSX may be a "MSX Turbo-R-Plus".
> I prefer call it MSX3...
Well, that's what people expected at 1988/9 and they got 2+.
Again they expected it at 1991/2 and they (me included) got Turbo R.
Now people expects (I don't expect anything) MSX3 and can get what Zorita
says  "MSX Turbo-R-Plus".

> P.S: You (we) can be sceptical, but not SO NEGATIVE.
When you've got so many kicks from hopes...

CYA

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/