>> Kewl! One more reason 4 me to get Linux (etc) up&running :-)
>
> You definately should.

Yeah well, there's this one little thingie called 'time', which
I desperately need...

>> The compressed format is used by that graphics program from Finland (what
>> was te name again: "Final Graphics"? - had some cool features, like image
>> rotation in any angle, 3D distorstion etc  IIRC).
>
> I don't know that program. Anyone who uses it and can tell more about it?

The name was Final Video Grpahics and if I'm not mistaken, it was written
by someone named "Salas". It came with a graphics loader/saver which could
be used from BASIC (with two USR()) routines. This loader/saver was called
"FINGRALO.BIN" -- Aurora used that to save/load compressed images for
Ruby&Jade and EXOR.

I'll try and dig it up from my dust^H^H^Hisk collection...

>> What'd you do with the palette file?
>
> That's why I started with SCREEN8 and SCREEN12...

Ah, yes, of course, I C [dutch: "'t kwartje valt" ;-)]

But it shouldn't be too hard. The plug-in gets the filename of the file to
open. I can simply substitute ".sr5" with ".pl5" to find the palette file
(and try ".PL5" as well, for case sensitive file systems). The GIMP supports
indexed modes, for example in SCREEN8 the palette contains the actual SCREEN8
colors.

It would be nice to allow loading just a palette file, without an image. I'll
have to investigate to see if the GIMP can handle that.

Bye,
          Maarten

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/