> >> If Gilberto is living in EURO zone,
>
> >He does
>
> Where? In Spain? In Portugal?

Italy

> Is it someone you can trust?

Dunno. I just assume that I can.

> Maybe someone can visit him?

For me that's not an option, unfortunately

> And why mention a price in dollars (the exchange rate fluctuates,
> the dollar is rather expensive these days AND maybe a transfer
> in euros is cheaper?).
> BTW when ordering more VDP's, I assume the shipping costs per
> chip is not 6 dollars?

The complete story goes as follows: I mentioned a VDP ordering
initiative taken about a year ago, which apparently died a silent
death.  Then I got a reply from Grauw (hoi Laurens ;-)) that
someone (Gilberto) offered V9958s on comp.sys.msx, the
MSX newsgroup I unfortunately could not read at that moment.
Now, in that mail, Laurens mentioned (quote):
"They cost $17 per piece and $6 postage costs"
Since I was interested in 2 or 3 of those, too, I contacted Laurens
and asked him whether we could make a joint order -- an idea
whcih apparently appealed to Laurens, but he was not able to
take the initiative, so I did.
So, post&package (P&P) of 6USD was for one single VDP being
shipped. I will work out the real costs with Gilberto - I expect them
to be not much more for the whole lot of them. All the costs will be
shared across the ppl who ordered either on a per capita basis or
on the number of VDP ordered.
As soon as i have completed the ordering list (close on friday!),
I'll will be able to tell the exact costs.

> Anyway, I'm thinking about ordering two VDP's. Please
> tell me more.

What more do you want to know? And even then , you're not
obliged to take my offer - you can order from Gilberto directly, too :-)

    Eric