On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 09:08:20AM -0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I agree with Adriano. I'm disappointed too with ASCII. If that's what they
> think about making new MSX, i'm out. if they don't want to write their own
> (and a good one, as ricardo bittencourt did) emulator, they could have used
> at least MESS, since it's gpl and soon will be much better than Marat's
> FMSX.

MESS is not GPL; the license is also incompatible, since it does not allow
the program to be sold. Although I think messdev would vote for GPL, much
of the source code is from MAME. Nicola Salmoria (the maintainer of
MAME) does not like the GPL so it is not likely to happen soon. :-(

But in any case, it's interesting to see what will happen. If Nishi does
acquire the copyrights of the BIOS and MSX-DOS, what sort of license will
he release it under? Note that he could even use it prevent the BIOS
being distributed other than with MSX Player; which would just be a pain
to us all. To be honest I've lost trust a long time ago.

Sean