I have never found anything like a "filter" in the cassette entry. At the moment, I am able to recognize data at 11000 bauds in a 3,5 MHz MSX. And the speed could be even higher using a more detailed format (let's say, a 64 KHz sound card) and a faster CPU (Z80 at 6/7 MHz).

Anyway, 11000 bauds (real speed) is not very reliable. 8700 bauds is 100% compatible if you use a decent CD player or a PC. I love to load games in just a few seconds. 8 KB ROMs take about 12 seconds to load (including the special loader!).

Regards,

Ed Robsy

From: David Heremans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [MSX] Chase HQ cas file
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 08:05:21 +0200

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 02:51:14AM +0200, Laurens Holst wrote:
> Btw, the wav file working on a real MSX but not on openMSX does not
> really say that there is a 'bug' in openMSX I think? You can change the
> volume of the wave output and depending on the the MSX might load or not
> load the tape? It could be called a lacking feature ofcourse, missing a
> cassette volume control :) (if it actually does).

I also remember from my early days that some models are much more
sensitive about the signal then others. My VG8020 could hardly read some
tapes, while the same tape used on a Sony would load without a glitch.
It was common knowledge those days that any Philips machine was much
more pickier about its signal then the Sony machines.
I always have thought that this was due to the difference in a possible
RC-filter on the cas-in port (but I never actually checked this though)

David

Acepta el reto MSN Premium: Correos más divertidos con fotos y textos increíbles en MSN Premium. Descárgalo y pruébalo 2 meses gratis. http://join.msn.com?XAPID=1697&DI=1055&HL=Footer_mailsenviados_correosmasdivertidos