Eduardo Robsy Petrus wrote:

I have never found anything like a "filter" in the cassette entry. At the moment, I am able to recognize data at 11000 bauds in a 3,5 MHz MSX. And the speed could be even higher using a more detailed format (let's say, a 64 KHz sound card) and a faster CPU (Z80 at 6/7 MHz).

Brazilian machines (hotbit and expert) do have this filter. IIRC, the maximum speed is about 5kbauds.

Anyway, 11000 bauds (real speed) is not very reliable. 8700 bauds is 100% compatible if you use a decent CD player or a PC. I love to load games in just a few seconds. 8 KB ROMs take about 12 seconds to load (including the special loader!).

I managed to get 32kb in 2 seconds using joynet in the turboR!