This is a Java Card also you _must_ :
 - load the muscle applet on it           <----- this is your main problem
 - use the mscMuscleCard plugins
 - update the associated Info.plist

> Just to finalize things I downloaded the XCardII app and tried that
> against the three plugins (authentIC,mscMuscleCard,slbCryptoflex) by
> placing each bundle (one at a time) in /usr/local/pcsc/services and
> updating the ATR value in the associated Info.plist.
>
> Double-clicking the token name in the xcard app shows the pcsc-lite
> service being accessed (via stdout messages) but the end result is
> always the same:
>
> "Connection failure: Token is unsupported".
It is normal as long as you will not load the muscle applet on the card you will
obtain this.

> Since this card (and contents) have been validated against Muscle and
> linux at one point
Muscle has just validated the card, not the contents because your card is a Java Card
and the
_contents_ should be the muscle applet that you did not load.

> I am guessing that the plugin/middleware used to
> access it *must* (for the most part) be from the same vendor who
> provided the formatting/setup software that setup the card?
The Java Card vendors often provide a Java Card Development kit to load the applet on
their
cards. But you can buy Java Card without the kit ... and thus you don't have the
toolkit.

> I'll have to pester my SysAdmin and see if they have something like the
> Schlumberger "Cactus" CDROM for Linux laying around, who knows maybe
> that will help...google searches imply that this will make the contents
> accessible via Muscle and linux.
In your case I guess that you need the GalactIC kit to load on the Oberthur Java Card.
Perhaps
your SysAdmin have this kit.

Regards,
--