Christian Schneider wrote:
John McBride wrote:

Christian Schneider wrote:

John McBride wrote:

Christian Schneider wrote:

Oops, I have made a mistake. This card is actually the oberthur cosmopolic V4.

Hmm ... I donīt know if this card works. If it isnīt mentioned on the Muscle site it is probably not supported. You should better get a supported card.

I have not used XCardII on it, tried to load an applet, or any of that. I figured since someone already made the card for me, with the certs and a PIN, I don't need to do all that. Not sure though.

The problem is that if you canīt get a pkcs11 driver and the card type is not supported by muscle then there is no way to make it work.

Just to finalize things I downloaded the XCardII app and tried that against the three plugins (authentIC,mscMuscleCard,slbCryptoflex) by placing each bundle (one at a time) in /usr/local/pcsc/services and updating the ATR value in the associated Info.plist.

Double-clicking the token name in the xcard app shows the pcsc-lite service being accessed (via stdout messages) but the end result is always the same:

"Connection failure: Token is unsupported".

Since this card (and contents) have been validated against Muscle and linux at one point, I am guessing that the plugin/middleware used to access it *must* (for the most part) be from the same vendor who provided the formatting/setup software that setup the card?

I'll have to pester my SysAdmin and see if they have something like the Schlumberger "Cactus" CDROM for Linux laying around, who knows maybe that will help...google searches imply that this will make the contents accessible via Muscle and linux.

Thanks again,
John