Christian Schneider wrote:
John McBride wrote:

Christian Schneider wrote:

Oops, I have made a mistake. This card is actually the oberthur cosmopolic V4.

Hmm ... I donīt know if this card works. If it isnīt mentioned on the Muscle site it is probably not supported. You should better get a supported card.

I might get some cards to play with, not sure. I just wanted to get this to the point where I could sign emails to my employer, using the card they gave me and mozilla under linux.

I tried a few things from your howto--in fact, I now have the "Muscle,/usr/local/lib/libmusclepkcs11.so" pair added to mozilla, no error when adding it.

But whether the card is in or not, I get a "status" of "Not Present". When I click on the scm scr331 line in the device manager, I see stuff scrolling in the pcscd window like:

eventhandler.c:467 EHSpawnEventHandler: Card inserted into SCM SCR 331 CCID 0
0
EHSpawnEventHandler: Card ATR: blah blah
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:149 SCardConnect: Attempting Connect to SCM SCR 331 CCID 0 0
winscard.c:245 SCardConnect: Active Protocol: 1
winscard.c:252 SCardConnect: hCard Identity: 133ec
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:1293 SCardTransmit: Send Protocol: 0
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:642 SCardDisconnect: Active Contexts: 1
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:149 SCardConnect: Attempting Connect to SCM SCR 331 CCID 0 0
winscard.c:245 SCardConnect: Active Protocol: 1
winscard.c:252 SCardConnect: hCard Identity: 14997
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:1293 SCardTransmit: Send Protocol: 0
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:642 SCardDisconnect: Active Contexts: 1
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:149 SCardConnect: Attempting Connect to SCM SCR 331 CCID 0 0
winscard.c:245 SCardConnect: Active Protocol: 1
winscard.c:252 SCardConnect: hCard Identity: 151cb
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:1293 SCardTransmit: Send Protocol: 0
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:642 SCardDisconnect: Active Contexts: 1
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:149 SCardConnect: Attempting Connect to SCM SCR 331 CCID 0 0
winscard.c:245 SCardConnect: Active Protocol: 1
winscard.c:252 SCardConnect: hCard Identity: 19568
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:1293 SCardTransmit: Send Protocol: 0
winscard_msg.c:290 SHMProcessEvents: correctly processed client: 0
winscard.c:642 SCardDisconnect: Active Contexts: 1

...but the "Log In" button never enables, and the "Status" is always "Not Present".

My /usr/local/pcscd/services has two bundles now, both ATRs are updated:
authentIC.bundle
mscMuscleCard.bundle

I have not used XCardII on it, tried to load an applet, or any of that. I figured since someone already made the card for me, with the certs and a PIN, I don't need to do all that. Not sure though.

Thanks
John