Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

I think it is better to use IFDHcontrol(). At least the communication
is more explicit.

I agree.

Note that you can use IFDHGetCapabilities(...,
SCARD_ATTR_VENDOR_IFD_TYPE, ...) (or another similar tag) to check
that the IFD will understand the IFDHcontrol() request.

What happens if you send an IFD an IFDHcontrol() request that it doesn't
understand? Is it supposed to fail gracefully, or do IFDs tend to
just start scribbling on random memory and then cause pcscd to dump
core ;-)?

mike

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         Sun Ray Product Engineering

 I don't speak for my employer. My opinions are not necessarily those of
     Sun Microsystems, Inc. or any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries.