Paul Klissner wrote:
Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

Why do you have: "The IFD handler plugin directory location
>> specified in argv[]"?

The current thinking is to pass in a base directory
into argv[] where pcscd will find it's other configuration
files, such as reader.conf, and what, by default, goes into
/var/run.  This is because we are creating a daemon for
each client session, each requiring it's own unique
repository for private non-shareable data.

i.e. we'll add a few command-line switches to pcscd so that the
invocation would look like this:

    /usr/bin/pcscd -B /tmp/SUNWut/pcscd/7 -i /opt/PCSC/ifdhandlers

(ignore the specific option letters and directories, these are
just examples to illustrate the point).

>> Do you need to have different drivers for different zones
>> or DTUs?

Yes, we want to be able to give each instance of pcscd its own
set of ifd handlers, so that, for example, if an instance of pcscd
is running in a Sun Ray session, it will only know about the
Sun Ray ifd handler for the internal reader in the Sun Ray DTU,
while if an instance of pcscd is running for the console user,
it will only know about the ccid USB ifd handler and the ifd
handler for the console's internal reader.

Of course all of this is configurable at runtime, and these are
just examples to illustrate the point.

The default operation of pcscd, i.e. with none of the new command
line switches specified, will be to operate just as it does today,
we won't be changing any of the default directories or files that
it creates or uses.

mike

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         Sun Ray Product Engineering

 I don't speak for my employer. My opinions are not necessarily those of
     Sun Microsystems, Inc. or any of its wholly-owned subsidiaries.