Hello Mike,

On 27/10/06, Michael Bender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
BTW, none of this work is meant to provide a mechanism for PC/SC-lite
to work across a network boundary, i.e. between two machines on the
network. All of this is restricted to the local machine only. Getting
something to work securely over a network is a much bigger challenge,
and as I've said in the past, providing a network pipe for APDUs is
probably not a good idea.

The Sun Ray has the smart card reader. The smart card applications are
running on the server. So you already have a "network pipe for APDUs".

I guess it is using the (proprietary?) communication protocol between
the Sun Ray and server. Do you have some security mechanisms here?

This question is more for a Sun Ray user list than for the MUSCLE
list. You don't have to give all the details here.

Bye,

--
Dr. Ludovic Rousseau