Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if there's a "standard" way to calculate pan laws for stereo-wide panning ?

By "stereo-wide" I mean panning something beyond the speakers by using 180-degree shifted signal in the opposite speaker. For example, for "beyond hard left" you would output full gain signal to the left speaker, and some inverted phase signal to the right speaker.

I know this is a somewhat dubious method but I'm wondering if there are known pan laws that handle this case.

Thank you,

Ross.