From: music-dsp-boun...@music.columbia.edu
[mailto:music-dsp-boun...@music.columbia.edu] On Behalf Of Richard Dobson
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:18 PM
To: A discussion list for music-related DSP
Subject: Re: [music-dsp] stereo-wide pan law?

Unless I am completely mixing this up with some other system, I recall
some demo soundfile you posted some while back (must have been via
sursound) using two adjacent speakers, and getting a
quasi-surround/widening effect. I recall it particularly, because just
using my two toy Apple speakers either side of a round iMac (so hardly a
definitive or rigorous test!) I actually got the effect quite clearly.
If that was not yours, whose might it have been?

Richard Dobson

On 07/02/2012 20:59, Ralph Glasgal wrote:
> Ambiophonics (actually Panambiophonics) requires four speakers to
reproduce
> a full 360 degrees of direct sound localization in the horizontal plane.
It