Da: music-dsp-boun...@music.columbia.edu
[mailto:music-dsp-boun...@music.columbia.edu] Per conto di Ross Bencina
Inviato: martedì 25 febbraio 2014 20:49
A: A discussion list for music-related DSP
Oggetto: Re: [music-dsp] Best way to do sine hard sync?

On 26/02/2014 2:25 AM, robert bristow-johnson wrote:
> are you trying to do multiple cycles of the sine and then have a
> discontinuity as it snaps back in sync with the side-chain waveform?
> if so, that doesn't sound very "bandlimited" to me.

As I understand it, the question is now to make such snap-back band limited.

The approach that I am familiar with is the "corrective grains" approach
(AKA BLIT/BLEP/BLAMP etc) where you basically run a granulator that
generates grains that cancel the aliasing caused by the phase discontinuity.
The exact grain needed is dependent on the derivatives of the signal (doable
for sine waves). The original paper for this technique is Eli Brandt (2001),
"Hard sync without aliasing", Proc. ICMC
2001.: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~eli/L/icmc01/hardsync.html

I have not read Vadim's paper so I am not familiar with the alternatives.

Ross.