Having quickly browsed over this subject, think about it that it normally isn't needed to do more than be accurate enough when dealing with audio and the human hearing, unless you want to explicitly deal with Loudness Curve sensitivity, or exotic subjects like creating stereo images for cinema!

Mathematically Linear and Time Invariance is usually needed for certain (important) classes of Differential Equations, and of course usually a desirable property for a lot of types of equipment dealing with signals.

About the noise, I'll say it only one time: IS YOUR NOISE SOURCE BANDWIDTH LIMITED, and it so (important undergrad EE question, seriously): how ? I mean going to things like Gaussian Distributions goes deeper than most here will want to (or can) go, and I don't see the point of it much, unless it is made more specific what that is for.

T.