>Could you give a little bit more of a clarification here? So the
>finite-order polynomials are not bandlimited, except the DC? Any hints
>to what their spectra look like? How a bandlimited polynomial would look
>like?

>Any hints how the spectrum of an exponential function looks like? How
>does a bandlimited exponential look like? I hope we are talking about
>one and the same real exponential exp(at) on (-infty,+infty) and not
>about exp(-at) on [0,+infty) or exp(|a|t).

The Fourier transform does not exist for functions that blow up to +-
infinity like that. To do frequency domain analysis of those kinds of
signals, you need to use the Laplace and/or Z transforms. Equivalently, you
can think of doing a regular Fourier transform after applying a suitable
exponential damping to the signal of interest. This will handle signals
that blow up in one direction (like the exponential), but signals that blow
up in both directions (like polynomials) remain problematic.

That said, I'm not sure why this is relevant? Seems like you aren't so much
interested in complete exponential/polynomial functions over their entire
domain, but rather windowed versions that are restricted to some small time
region? Isn't that what is used in the band limited impulse stuff?