On Sunday 25 December 2005 00:16, Marco Sola wrote:

> OMG, didn't we already add this? MB is surprisingly static. Where are the
> allowed link moderators?
>
> >> This issue has come up in the past, and I think there is general
> >> agreement that either "Europe" or more precisely "European Union"
> >> should be added to the list.  Is the latter OK?  'Cause they're not
> >> the same thing, of course :-)  There probably should be a bug entered
> >> for this.
> >
> > I would stick to "Europe" cause this represents the continent and not
> > only a political / commercial area. Keep in mind that some europian
> > countries are not part of the "Europian Union"!
>
> No. A release is something done for a market. Europe is not  a market,
> European Union it is.  On Cd you will find "Made in EU"

I highly doubt you will find "Made in EU" written on any CD: "EU" isn't a
country. Also, what happens if a new country joins the EU? Will we then have
to retroactively go and change any reference to that country to the EU? I
don't think so.

Is it really such a huge problem to have a "Europe" in the country list?
Especially if a particular release was made for the majority of Europe?
Especially when the _record label themselves_ say "it's the European
release"?

Maybe we really need to decide exactly what the release location is supposed
to represent?

I'd like this matter resolved this time, it's been going on for too long.

http://moto-coda.org/public.gpg.key