On 1/4/06, Tarragon M. Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Do we need to be so strict about this?
>
> I think having EU as an option when it's uncertain exactly which country the
> release was in, or for those releases that do in fact say "EU" on them,
> should be acceptable. It can be treated as a slightly more exact "[unknown]"
> style for release locations. If someone knows better they can change it.

I doubt this will work, because people didn't request EU for unknown
EU releases but releases which appeared in _some_ EU countries on the
same day.

Further, I don't think we need a hidden "unknown". We should stick
with correct information. If someone doesn't know the release country,
he must not add neither some random country nor an unknown EU region.
And another one probably knows this fact (someone always does) and is
able to add it.

Adding "might be" facts makes as much sense as adding truly wrong
"infos" and often untrustworthy information is even worse than
obviously wrong. MB must not become yet another source for unreliable
information.

On the other hand, I argued for EU myself. But now, that I really
spent some thinking on the issue, I revert my opinion. It doesn't hurt
to duplicate release dates for 3 (or more) European countries. However
it does hurt to list an album as released in the EU on 2001-01-01,
when there was no such release in a majority of EU nations and
probably a different (but not yet added) one for a few of those.

I know I'm repeating myself, but I want to make sure everyone gets my point. ;)

#Fuchs