On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 23:38:33 +0100, Decklin Foster wrote:

1) Funky Shit
2) Funky Shit (album version)

If we leave it this way, we have two different tracks referred to by the
same name ("Funky Shit", here, and "Funky Shit" on the hypothetical
album), and the same track referred to by two different names ("Funky
Shit (album version)", here and "Funky Shit" on the album again). I
think it ought to be:

1) Funky Shit (edit)
2) Funky Shit

And this is perfectly ok AFAICT. This issue will not be soved until NadlenderBambus (aka MB 2.0) in which we will be able to distinguish between masters (=audio) and tracks (=their position and title on a specific medium). See ObjectModel for details.

Until then such cases will be unavoidable. On the last summit we have talked a long time about this issue, and come to the conclusion that tracks are something that belong to the context of a _specific_ album. Therefore it is perfectly legal for the same song to have different track titles on different albums.

  DonRedman

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation around! :-)