On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:46:23PM +0100, Chris Bransden wrote:
> IMO it should be at the moderators discretion. it's what's useful to
> the users that is most important. since it's a free-text field
> (album/track title), there's no reason to unify the data. If a french
> user adds french language bootleg titles

I'm talking about cases like "Köln, Germany" or "Wien, Austria". If we're
going to write "Germany" or "Austria" instead of "Deutschland" or
"Österreich", it would make more sense to use the English names for those
two cities too rather than having a mixture of "Köln, Germany" and
"Cologne, Germany" and a mixture of "Wien, Austria" and "Vienna, Austria".
If someone wants to come along and enter a bootleg in German for "Köln,
Deutschland" or "Wien, Österreich" then I'm not saying they can't do that.

--Nikki