Bogdan Butnaru wrote:
That being said, I think we should insist on using a single language
everywhere (English seems the best choice), because when we make the
database smarter (and perhaps the location and date of bootlegs will
be a field) it'll be much easier to make an automatic conversion.
After that, it's relatively easy to translate them in whatever
language the users want.

I think you're overestimating the quality of machine translation. And you may want to read http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/InterNationalization as a general intro to MB policy on the subject and why people, including myself, are going to object whenever someone says "Let's make everyone use English"