sounds like we almost need some kind of 'fake album' type release,
which could be used to host different track configurations aside from
that a CD-ID would produce. i had to kind of do something like that
here:
http://musicbrainz.org/album/bc71aa3c-da45-455b-bb97-79bf9cc37a1e.html
http://musicbrainz.org/album/188d704b-678d-499d-b488-516a7247cc01.html
the former has a hidden track that you have to 'rewind' the CD to get
to, which doesn't get picked up by normal CD rippers. slightly
different case though, as you have to use special programs (EAC) to
extract the track, rather than it always being appended to an existing
track.

On 17/05/06, Don Redman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 17 May 2006 22:24:15 +0200, derGraph wrote:

> Also, even if such a track as of your example in the NATs, I believe
> that most users prefer to have the actual album title in their tags and
> therefore tag it against one of the three tracks on the album.

That's a very valid objection. Actually that's what I do (I take the MB
tags and edit them myself, and I remove the MBIDs, since the edited tracks
are not identical with the MB tracks anymore).

So actually this means that in the case I proposed NATs should not be used.

   DonRedman

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation