-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Stefan
Kestenholz
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 3:56 PM
To: MusicBrainz style discussion
Subject: Re: [mb-style] "(album version)"

1) the style council does not exist, for a long time now already.
everybody who speaks here (except rob and don) are community members
like everybody else.

2) the reason i wrote that statement before is because jan said "if i
had a say here" which, if you read between the lines, speaks for a
frustration with the ongoing processes to always take the discussions
on tangents rather than discussing towards a solution which satisfies
the majority of member of the community.

3) now if you take my statement literally, it does not do the issue
justice. if you look at the big picture, the major contributor idea is
not related to the number of edits a person made. its just a
side-effect for the big commitment someone undoubtfully has for the
project. why does everbody back down suddenly on the meritocracy
aspect, 2 weeks ago there was a consensus that this is how MB works.

On 6/19/06, Beth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sorry, I stand corrected.

don't be sorry, you said straight what you felt. this female (or
feeling, rather than analytic, brainy) point of view is severly
lacking in these kind of discussions, because of the testosterone
driven way of proving ones own points all the time. i therefore
suggest that you state your opinion more openly in these kind of
communication/social structure issues, because its very embrace this
pov, too.

-- keschte