On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:19:41 +0200, Chris Bransden wrote:

firstly, i don't think any DB/Tagger changes will change the situation
(see my previous post).

Well, my experience says the opposite. In my very humble experience here at MB, every change at the fringes of the overall structure of the system has led to changes in the semantics of the MB data.

The semantical changes are usually
 - not at the same 'place' as the structural changes,
 - sometimes huge and drastic
- sometimes very minor, but then lead to an outburst of an old problem four months later.

I therefore strongly suggest to disucss such a change (which I am for BTW) around the time when we make our first experiences with the tagger script.

@Lukas: Can you tell us how long you assume it will take to release a Picard with tagger script?

  DonRedman

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation around! :-)