Brian Schweitzer wrote:
I did them all by hand however,
not via bot - the "batch" indication in the notes was simply an
indication of the edit processing batch, using the tool I wrote a long
time back for batch edit submissions.  The edits themselves, however,
were all manually identified.

So you knowingly translated my French Mozart stuff to English!

"vandalism", is the proper word, I think.

 Another Mozart AddRelease edit a week ago or so by a brand new editor
 had the comment

 "Track names from CSGStandards. Tracks length from IClassis. Doubts
 about naming track 24"

 Track 24 had:

 Minuet for Keyboard in G major, K. 1e / 1 (Minuet) "Notenbuch für
 Nannerl Mozart" No. 62: Minuet - Minuet for Keyboard in C major, K. 1f /
 1 (Trio) "Notenbuch für Nannerl Mozart" No. 63: Minuet

 (See http://musicbrainz.org/show/edit/?editid=8351638
 please go over there to give the editor some more support)

Actually owning the release that editor is adding, I would suggest he
properly identified the track.  My concerns there were utterly
unrelated to CSG or CSGS, in that he used a hyphen, not the proper
slash, to separate 2 works, as well as titling the release with a
missing space and a misspelled "dis" for "disc".  I would have to
wonder, were there not a CSGS list for him/her to have used, how much
worse might the release have possibly been titled, and how much
additional time might the classical editors have spent cleaning up the
release?

Here's what IClassics had for this: "Minuet in G KV1/1e - Minuet in C KV1f". This becomes tripled in length with all kinds of redundancies, and you're quibbling about a delimiter!

(http://www.iclassics.com/productDetail?contentId=893
http://www.iclassics.com/workPage?entityId=668&contentId=5759)

If you don't see anything wrong with what you can end up with by following CSGS/M, I am not sure I am interested in discussing this with you anymore.

 So I agree with you: CSGS is *not* ready for prime-time. (I've argued
 other places that it should be kept as a reference, not as mandatory stuff.)

I fail to agree.

Perhaps it is time some others had their say in this. You and me continually saying "I disagree" on this subject is gonna be boring.