Brian Schweitzer wrote:
 (For the "Work"-view of the CSGS pages, Lauri has a very good point in
 > that we should look to what the composer wanted himself. For KV 447, I
 > guess this is simply "Konzert in Es" . See
 > http://dme.mozarteum.at/DME/nma/scan.php?vsep=141&l=2&p1=29#29)

I would suggest that the NMA (and other such resources) be taken as it
is, rather than what some might want it to be.

I used the words "I guess" in there, nowhere have I said the NMA provides direct insight into Mozart's intentions wrt. names. IIRC noone else has claimed to know all about this either. I suggest you drop these loose accusations.

  It is a urText, but
the titles are not.  The titles, if you actually look at pictures of
the original scores themselves, indicate that, when there even are
titles, the titles are "Konzert", "Symphonie", etc.  As I've suggested
elsewhere, these are quite obviously generic indications of work type,
not titles.

That may be the case, more or less often. But: It is *highly implausible* that Mozart went to the pub after a long day of work without being able to refer to his new creations in some way or another. His letters are published, and there are Mozart autographs around. Are you saying that we learn nothing of the composer's intentions wrt. labeling by looking at these?

For "Konzert in Es", my guess would be that that is a good title: By leaving out the name of a solo instrument, he was not restricting it to one in particular, but rather saying: It can be played by any instrument that can do the Es-scale. (Or something like that, I know too little about instruments and this work in particular to fully make the argument.)

Might I remind that "Jupiter", "Paris", "Haffner", etc,
are also simply common nicknames, not official titles from the
composer?

No, you don't have to.

  At the time of the Bachs, Beethoven, Mozarts, etc, they
didn't tend to give works titles.  Let's not try to title 18th century
works based on 20th century titling practices, by making the
assumption that the composers always titled their works 200-300 years
ago.

Noone did, AFAICS.