Dňa Pi, 2008-05-09 o 21:44 +0200, Philip Jägenstedt napísal:
> I don't agree. If I see two discids I'll think that there are (at
> least) two pressings of the CD, not that someone ripped a CDR (from a
> friend or whatever) and used MusicBrainz to tag it.

There is an important point here: people don't need to submit discids to
tag their files. Even if they normally use discids to lookup releases,
and the discid isn't in the database, it's easier for them to just load
the release and _not_ submit the discid. But people do submit discids
because they want to contribute to the database.

> Peoples homemade discids are cruft and I applaud anyone who takes
> the time to clean up cruft even when the cruft is not causing much
> damage. Some more practically inclined will think that it's a waste
> of time, but why vote no?

Because it's reducing the usefulness of the database. There is no good
way to prove that a discid is homebrew (ie clasify what is 'cruft' and
what is not). There is the usual +2 seconds method, which I personally
consider questionable, but a simple script can check this much more
effectively than a bunch of editors.

Lukas