So it's acceptable to have some collateral damage (deleting legitimate
disc IDs that were falsely identified as spurious, not caught in the
voting process), to achieve the goal of having a cleaner database of
disc IDs?

I must admit this doesn't sit well with me.

Also, the practice of removing disc IDs en masse (especially via
automated scripts) doesn't account for any potential confidence level we
can apply to the disc ID, such as who submitted the disc ID (who may be
a seasoned autoeditor), how many times it may have been re-added, how
many times it was queried for by different users.

This last point seems important. If a disc ID is added and never queried
for again, and has a 2-second increase on every track, it would seem far
more probable that the disc ID is spurious. If the disc ID is added and
queried for several times a month, I'd be thinking twice before deleting
it, or voting to approve its deletion.

Also, I haven't been able to get a sense of how much are these spurious
disc IDs are actually impacting normal operation. If a disc ID were
being removed to prevent an apparently-spurious home-burnt disc from
colliding with a clearly legitimate label release, the decision to
delete such entries would be far clearer.