On 16-Jul-08, at 3:17 PM, Simon Austin wrote:

> What's the policy with BoxSets of previous releases? Is it still
> they're
> not a unique release? I ask because someone's added all 16 discs of
> Pink
> Floyd's "Oh, By the Way"[1] and I think they're pretty much just the
> same releases as before, even down to matching DiscIDs[2]
>
> - Si
>
> [1]
> <http://musicbrainz.org/artist/83d91898-7763-47d7-b03b-b92132375c47.html
> >
> [2] <http://musicbrainz.org/show/cdtoc/?cdtocid=206242>

Looks like our documentation says not to add those types of box sets
[1], but I have the impression that this sentiment has changed over
the last few months.  I hope I'm not presenting a biased opinion, but
I think we seemed to be heading towards a "if someone wants to add the
box set, let them" sort of approach.

[1]
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/WhatDefinesAUniqueRelease?highlight=%28unique%29#head-431368a6a71f2e13641867f880b84515edc311c6

-Aaron