Aaron Cooper schreef:
> On 16-Jul-08, at 3:17 PM, Simon Austin wrote:
>

>> What's the policy with BoxSets of previous releases? Is it still
>> they're
>> not a unique release? I ask because someone's added all 16 discs of
>> Pink
>> Floyd's "Oh, By the Way"[1] and I think they're pretty much just the
>> same releases as before, even down to matching DiscIDs[2]
>>
>> - Si
>>
>> [1]
>> <http://musicbrainz.org/artist/83d91898-7763-47d7-b03b-b92132375c47.html
>>
>> [2] <http://musicbrainz.org/show/cdtoc/?cdtocid=206242>
>>

> Looks like our documentation says not to add those types of box sets
> [1], but I have the impression that this sentiment has changed over
> the last few months.  I hope I'm not presenting a biased opinion, but
> I think we seemed to be heading towards a "if someone wants to add the
> box set, let them" sort of approach.
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/WhatDefinesAUniqueRelease?highlight=%28unique%29#head-431368a6a71f2e13641867f880b84515edc311c6
>
> -Aaron

For those who want to catch up on the old discussion, this is probably a
good starting point:
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/pipermail/musicbrainz-style/2008-March/006655.html

That was a proposal from Brian to change the guideline.
It was already changed after a lot of heavy discussion earlier.
Still we couldn't quite reach an agreement,
even though in the end everybody seemed to agree more or less what to
add, and what not to add.

It seemed to me that concerning the Pink Floyd example (also the "Shine
On" boxset) there was an agreement that it should be entered.

Bram