From: musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org
[mailto:musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org] On Behalf Of
Frederic Da Vitoria
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 9:00 AM
To: MusicBrainz style discussion
Subject: Re: [mb-style] Audiobook styleguide

Ah, but the book is not the release. There may be more than one "book" in
one release and a book is of course often spanned on more that one release.

2009/1/7 Bram van Dijk <bram_van_d...@hotmail.com>

I agree, why would we do that for audiobooks if we don't do that for
regular music?
Do people play audiobooks with different software that is not able to
read tags?
Just:
Chapter 1: foo
Chapter 2-4: bar
seems fine by me, and it is a lot less cluttered.

People can always use tagger scripts if they want the release name in
the title, I think.

Bram

Fridtjof Busse schreef:

> * "Frederic Da Vitoria" <davito...@gmail.com>:
>
>> You wouldn't include an ordering sequence?
>> A Journey to the Center of the Earth, 0:Prologue
>> A Journey to the Center of the Earth, 1:Chapter 1a
>> A Journey to the Center of the Earth, 2:Chapter 1b
>>

> I honestly have a problem with repeating the release title in the
> track name.
> This generates unnecessary long tags and contains redundant
> information (in ALBUM and TITLE).
> Imagine this:
> ALBUM=The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
> TITLE=The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring,
> Chapter 1: Concerning Hobbits
>
> Also, I'd like to suggest not to use "(feat. narrator: xyz)" in the
> release title. It's not part of the release title and useless if
> there's more than one narrator. This information should be stored
> somewhere else.

Frederic Da Vitoria

http://www.april.org