On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Per Øyvind Øygard
<pero...@stud.ntnu.no> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:27:20 +0100, Bogdan Butnaru <bogd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Paul C. Bryan <em...@pbryan.net> wrote:
>>> I'm naively going to ask the question, why not use numbering if the book
>>> does, otherwise not?
>>
>> Exactly my point. Since there are books that don't have chapters at
>> all, and books that have quite a complicated hierarchical structure,
>> and also there are audiobooks that follow the book and (probably) some
>> that don't, we should pretty much say:
>
> Agreed. Audiobooks are far too diverse for chapter styling to work well, not
> to mention that the threshold for submissions is that much higher.
>
>> http://musicbrainz.org/release/b38f3b3b-7f70-421d-8328-27a7562724e8.html
>
> An interesting release actually, which brings me to somewhat of a tangent.
> Personally I think homemade splits are a great idea considering many
> audiobooks, but I think they need to be regulated somewhat. Something similar
> to transl(iter)ation springs to mind. The important thing is that we don't
> accept all kinds of different cuts for the same release, and also that we get
> an AR so it can actually be used for something.

Not that I disagree, but note that this particular release was on
cassette, which means that it's not exactly clear if it's a "homemade"
split or not. (Unless the sleeve would indicate "track" times (I've no
idea if it does in this case), and even then for analog tape the
timing is only approximative.)

-- Bogdan Butnaru