Kuno Woudt wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 05:36:30AM -0700, jacobbrett wrote:
>> >
>> Potentially confusing, yes (if the discs didn't have their own titles),
>> but
>> more correct as they *are* bonus discs and not part of the actual album
>> per
>> say.
>
> But they ARE part of the actual album.  This edition of it anyway.
> (actually two editions from the looks of it, a 3CD one and a 3CD+1DVD
>  edition).
>
> The packaging uses disc 1, disc 2 and disc 3.  If I have this edition of
> the
> album, I definitely want the metadata in my files to match with it.
>
> Similarly, if the packaging doesn't use the word 'bonus' anywhere, I see
> no
> reason to include it in the title in musicbrainz.
>
> Keep in mind that DiscNumberStyle is not a StrongGuideline.  So, according
> to the StylePrinciple we should stick with the 'disc 2' / 'disc 3'
> designation
> without 'bonus'.  As that is what is how they are labeled "on official
> sources".
>
> -- kuno / warp.

I agree they're part of the physical album, but not the tracklisting/disc
1/main content.
This situation is tricky, you yourself stated the labelling:

"Disc Two (Bonus Disc)
Uncovered 2008/2009
<tracklist>

Disc Three (Bonus Disc)
Black Clouds & Silver Linings
(Instrumental Mixes)"

They are clearly marked as both 'bonus disc' and 'disc 2/3'. My logic is
simply that as they are not part of the main album content (disc 1), and are
supplementary and that they are also labelled 'bonus disc', that it is
probably more appropriate to categorise them as such.