Nikolai Prokoschenko wrote:
> Dear fellow Brainerz,
>
> it seems that my earlier mail got lost in the depths of Gmane gateways :( I
> won't repeat everything I've written in the last mail, you know how it works
> better than me. So here it goes again: we are now ready to receive comments
> on the Release Groups guideline for it to become official!
>
> It's located in our wiki at http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Release_Group ,
> please comment!

For those who aren't already aware of it, there's an open edit and a
(long, long) "discussion" about merging different bootlegs recording of
a live show:
http://musicbrainz.org/show/edit/?editid=10956897

This goes against the proposed guideline, but I would like to propose
that this particular point being changed.

My main argument is that the purpose of release-groups, as far as I
understand it, is to present a general overview of discography of an
artist, and not a detailed view as we have with releases.
Thus separating different recordings (audience, soundboard, ...) of the
same live show seems to go against that purpose.

- Aurélien // murdos