From: Andrew Conkling <andrew.conkl...@gmail.com>
To: MusicBrainz List <musicbrainz-style@lists.musicbrainz.org>
Subject: [mb-style] BoxSetNameStyle and Release Groups
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 10:24:50 -0400

I had an idea regarding BoxSetNameStyle, in the case where box sets' releases
are also available individually.

An example:
http://musicbrainz.org/release-group/40ed05d3-8239-3d1a-a90a-543773898117.html
has four releases, two of which have a composer that applies for the entire
release, thus they have the composer's artist as the release artist.

A corollary for release titles: what if a box set was grouped together in a
release group, but if individual releases are also available separately, the
releases within the release group would simply receive that separate release
title?

An example:
http://musicbrainz.org/show/release/?releaseid=247839
http://musicbrainz.org/show/release/?releaseid=987885
http://musicbrainz.org/show/release/?releaseid=88657
http://musicbrainz.org/show/release/?releaseid=987892

Those four releases are currently titled individually, but if they were part of
the same release group, that would accommodate both their individual and boxed
availability.

Thoughts?
Andrewski