From: musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org
[mailto:musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org] On Behalf Of
Nikki
Sent: 12 August 2010 01:39
To: MusicBrainz Style Discussion
Subject: Re: [mb-style] RFC - AR proposal - Add Music cn be streamed for
fre at

Pete Marsh wrote:
> RFC Expires 22/07/10
>
> The purpose of this AR is to allow linkage from Artist Pages and
> Release Group/Releases or Tracks/Recordings to free streaming music
> services such as Spotify or we7.
>
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Proposal:Add_Music_can_be_streamed_for_fre
> e_
> at

Are you intending this to have a whitelist (like the lyrics and cover
art relationships) where people have to request new sites, or is it
supposed to be like most of the other relationships (e.g. free download
relationship) where we suggest sites but people can link to anything
within reason?
I get the feeling that people will try to link to YouTube videos,
Last.fm and MySpace using this relationship. What's your thoughts on
that? Are they ok or should they be excluded?

The relationship needs link phrases for us to use on the site. For
artists I'd suggest  <artist> music can be streamed for free at <URL>
<URL> is a free music streaming page for <artist> Then for releases and
tracks I'd suggest:
 <release/track> can be streamed for free at <URL>  <URL> is a free
music streaming page for <release/track> Are they ok?

The last thing is that we need to shoehorn the information on the page
that we need into the template we use for relationship pages [1] so that
we've got a page that will be part of the documentation. I can try doing
that though with the answers to the above questions if you want.

Nikki

[1] http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Template:Relationship

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.