From: musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org
[mailto:musicbrainz-style-boun...@lists.musicbrainz.org] On Behalf Of
Brian Schweitzer
Sent: 20 August 2010 10:57
To: MusicBrainz Style Discussion
Subject: Re: [mb-style] RFV: - 'Add Music can be streamed for free at'

Does this AR really need a whitelist?  Many labels' and artists' pages
that I run across these days are have streaming music.  Isn't it a fair
assumption to think that, if a label or artist is providing streamed
music, it's safe to assume they'd want people to know about it - ie, to
link back to them?  Yet going through the whole permission whitelisting
and RFC for each and every such URL would be sufficiently troublesome
that I know I'd never do it.

Re non-artist/label streaming sites, I'd also suggest Jamendo, Wikimedia
Commons, and Archive.org be added to that list.

Re the wording, I'd agree that "Artist music can be streamed for free at
URL" is awkward.  Perhaps "Artist has music which can be streamed for
free at URL"?

Brian

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 3:32 PM, Andrew Conkling <and...@andrewski.net>
wrote:

        On Aug 18, 2010, at 10:40, Nikki wrote:
        > jacobbrett wrote:
        >> I think "Artist music can be streamed for free at URL" looks
odd, shouldn't
        >> it be "Artist's music can be streamed for free at URL"?
        >
        > It's not possible to do that because link phrases always have
a space
        > before and after. The download and purchase links use
"<artist> music
        > can be ... at <url>" which is why I suggested the current
wording.

        "<artist> has music that can be streamed for free at URL" sounds
more natural, IMO.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.