On 10 October 2010 12:19, Frederic Da Vitoria <davito...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/10/10 Brian Schweitzer <brian.brianschweit...@gmail.com>
>>
>> Also, one quick note which occurs to me: The librettist AR...  "Writer"
>> could also describe a librettist situation.  However, the current language
>> still allows both Writer and Librettist to co-exist.  Any objection to
>> modifying "An entity should never have both a Writer relationshipand a
>> composer or lyricist relationship for the same artist." to read "An entity
>> should never have both a Writer relationshipand a composer, lyricist, or
>> librettist relationship for the same artist."?
>

> Some are going to hate me for this, but is this entirely true? I mean:
> couldn't it happen that we know that someone composed the music but not if
> he participated or not in the lyrics (or the reverse of course)? I agree
> this should almost never happen, but still...

One case I could think of is you have a cover where only general
writing credits are
given and one or more of these writers are new to the cover.  The
original recording
has composer/lyricist ARs, which allows the same artists to be
credited with these on the
cover, despite the lack of information on the actual release.
However, the new writers
would have to be given just a 'written-by' AR.

I suppose you could argue that only the new ARs are added to the
cover, but I'm not sure
how much we acknowledge this inheritance principle.

> --
> Frederic Da Vitoria
> (davitof)
>
> Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
> http://www.april.org

Andrew :-)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net

PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8