On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Frederic Da Vitoria
<davito...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't understand you. IMO this would be quasi-redundancy, adding
> extra layers with little benefit. What kind of benefit did you expect
> from NGS?

Well, two primary uses cases that I had on my mind were:

 - Extra title information depending on the release context, e.g
"Track X (album version)" on a single, but "Track X" on the album.
 - Officially translated releases, for example
http://musicbrainz.org/release/2f8b76c6-d705-4395-bac4-0a8abce3316c
and http://musicbrainz.org/release/750292bf-35cd-41a9-9135-e06b1c2a54da

In the case of translated releases, you can see that "use the
recording title" doesn't solve the issue if I want properly normalized
track titles, but I have an English version so I want English track
titles.

Lukas