On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Frederic Da Vitoria
<davito...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't you think this would be a little difficult to explain to users?
> Change the title if the variation is small, but don't change it if it
> is large. I know, this is not how you would explain it, but this is
> what it would amount to.

I think that the guidelines regarding release/track titles should be
based on the previous guidelines, white-listing things that don't have
to be applied to recording/track titles. If we want to allow people to
submit releases "as on cover" without reading the release
group/recording guidelines, we will end up with a FreeDB clone.

> Normalizing track titles to get a normalized translation seems quite
> interesting to me, but I feel this would be perverting the database
> structure. Translations should have their own place IMO, and I believe
> everything we do until we reach that point should only be temporary
> measure. A temporary measure should never limit normal uses. Hmm, I
> feel I am not quite clear here.

I disagree. I'm not talking about pseudo releases, that users
translate for their convenience. I'm talking about official releases
with different barcodes that simply have titles in different
languages. I see them as different releases, not just "translations"
of the release in the primary language.

Lukas