+1 for me as well.
I just had  a thought about this, how about if the subpart works *DO
NOT* include the linked work in their name.

Example (for classical):
Currently there's a work under Tchaikovsky: String Quartet No. 2 in F
major, Op. 22: III. Andante ma non tanto
Ideally, the sub-work should only be "III. Andante ma non tanto" and
not "String Quartet No. 2 in F major, Op. 22: III. Andante ma non
tanto", this would make it cleaner (especially if my proposal to show
the works as merged in the works list goes through) and would minimize
the possibilities for error. I guess if want/need be, the two could be
appended to each other to create: "String Quartet No. 2 in F major,
Op. 22: III. Andante ma non tanto"

Just a thought, and it's possible that this would have negative
implications that I haven't thought of...

Sebastien