2011/6/11 Nikki <aei...@gmail.com>

> Lemire, Sebastien wrote:
> > all this arguing over collaboration credits. Say we have a collaboration
> of
> > Charles Aznavour and Frank Sinatra. Why can't the following artist
> credits:
> > - Charles Aznavour
> > - Frank Sinatra
> > - Charles Aznavour & Frank Sinatra (if they've collaborated long enough
> or
> > if it's clear enough from the album cover)
>
> Nobody's disputing that. The argument is about *when* we should use one
> and when the other. What counts as "collaborated long enough"?

I believe this is never going to have a solution as long as we continue
using too subjective criteria. If we try to imagine a situation where the
Collaboration AR did not exist, so that an Artist could only be part of a
group, we would sometimes disagree on whether some musical formations
constitute a group or not. The intermediate Collaboration level does not
improve things, of course. So either we accept that each time deciding the
suitability of the Collaboration AR will be left to the editor and the
voters (and we accept too that later some other editor and some other voters
may decide the reverse), or we remove the Colllaboration AR entirely.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org