On 6/13/2011 8:09 PM, Andii Hughes wrote:

>> In my opinion:
>>
>> Track/Release Titles:
>> *    Typographical errors
>> *    Incorrect titles (e.g. bootleg prints title as a line from the lyrics,
>> or two track titles are swapped)
>> *    Poor capitalisation (ALL-CAPS, all-lowercase etc., barring Artist
>> Intent or Japanese/foreign exception)
>> *    Subtitle (Japanese/foreign exception)
>> *    Series/Volume/Part numbers (Japanese/foreign exception)
>> *    Extra title information:
>>     *    "Song Name remix name" → "Song Name (remix name)"
>>     *    "Song Name 〜remix name〜" → no change (Japanese/foreign exception)

I agree with normalizing these things.

I would also add to the list, just to be explicit:

* Mis-ordered tracklists (where the cover prints the tracks in a
different order from the actual medium)

I would also personally like to keep normalizing medley titles (space
slash space) between tunes - at least until perhaps one day we will have
sub-track title access in the database.

>> *    Some abbreviations:
>>     *    "w/" → "with"
>>     *    "ft." → "feat."
>>
>> If any affected features "as printed" are important for identifying a
>> particular release, a note can be made in the release annotation.

I thought we were moving away from FeaturingArtistStyle ... so this
should be moot in titles, shouldn't it?  Or were you saying that in the
artist credits we would normalize those things?  In that case I agree.

Jeff