On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 19:19, Alex Mauer <ha...@hawkesnest.net> wrote:
> On 2011-07-07 1:27, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
>> Would anyone editing along these lines we willing to try writing it up
>> in a guideline? IMO, this list is big enough that people, by looking
>> at the data, will conclude that effectively anything in brackets
>> should be moved to the comment.
>
> I'll give it a shot:
> "No artist's Recordings tab should list the same title twice with no
> disambiguation comment. If an artist has multiple recordings with the
> same title, and any release on which one of them appears lists the title
> with no Extra Title Information, the disambiguation comment should use
> the most prevalent Extra Title Information. If no ETI is prevalent, pick
> one.  If no ETI is available, use the best information you have to
> disambiguate."

This doesn't sound all too crazy. By this standard, I think that
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/14779672 is correct but I'm not sure about
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/14779686 and
http://musicbrainz.org/edit/14779684

Is it your intention that if a recording has been released on a crappy
compilation with ETI omitted which are on all releases closer to the
artist, that ETI still be left out of the recording title? How about a
compilation released by the artists own label? Making this kind of
distinction kind of tricky.

--
Philip Jägenstedt